February 27, 2006

A Madness To Our Method

Not too long ago, we bought a new dishwashing soap. The soap was Method Cucumber Melon. We found it in the store and smelled to determine if we liked it. The smell was pleasant, so we decided to give it a try. Sadly things didn't end quite as well as they begin. A few comments to take you through the progression of a new scent wearing out its welcome.

"I like this new soap. I could do dishes all the time."

"You know, I like the soap, but after a while, it becomes almost overwhelming."

"I could tell you were washing dishes from the other side of the house. The stupid cucumber melon scent was permeating the entire house."

"My water tastes like Method. The cup must not have been rinsed well enough."

"I tried soaking the cup in hot water and rinsing it repeatedly to get rid of the Method, but I only succeeded in making it angry."

"That's it. I'm through with this soap and we're going to have to throw away everything plastic that ever came in contact with it."

"Ooh. Method has a grapefruit scent."

Until later...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude I did that with the Mcintosh Apple multi purpose cleaner. It leaves things red.

Becki said...

CK, you are my savior. I just bought some of that soap last night. I haven't used it yet, but I do believe I'll be returning it.

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahah!

But, honestly, on a "deeper" level, I like this about you. It shows that you still remain optimistic when most would give up, or at least by cynical.

Or, am I just reading too much into this?

M said...

Doncha just hate it when the soap won't rinse away????

Geeze! wvw: djzkitqo
Are they trying to write a book?
Now let's see if I can type it correctly again...