January 22, 2005

Yes, I watch VH1

I was watching part of "I Love the 90's: Part Deux" on VH1 last night, and saw something interesting. One of the people giving his commentary on the pop culture of the 90's (specifically 94 and 95 in this case) was Bill Simmons of espn.com. That's right, the Sports Guy was on VH1.

For those of you who aren't familiar with him, Bill Simmons writes for Page 2 on espn.com as well as for ESPN the Magazine. He typically refers to himself as the Sports Guy, and to his wife as Sports Gal. In fact, when I first started my blog, MK wanted to have a clever moniker like the Sports Gal, but unfortunately, I'm not that creative. Simmons writes about all sorts of things from reality TV to 80's movies to the difference between living in LA and Boston...and oh yeah, sports. I love reading his columns, but I have to wonder when he's going to change his name to Pop Culture Guy. Truth in advertising you know.

ESPN has finally (well, several months ago, finally) given him an entire page for his various articles, cartoons, quotes and now he even has his own intern. I wonder if I could get a blogtern? Probably not unless I teach my dog to type.

Anyway, Simmons writes good stuff and always makes me laugh. If you haven't checked him out yet, do it now.

On that note: a couple of site updates. I recently posted an email section in the sidebar so that you can email me if you have anything to say outside of the comments section. Also, today is the site-premier of the links section. If I feel that something deserves your attention on a regular basis, I'll post a link there.

Until later...

No comments: