January 15, 2005

Allow me to introduce myself

I suppose for a first post I should explain who I am. You could just click on my profile, but, realistically, would you bother? That's what I thought.

I am a 28 year old microbiologist working for "a major pharmaceutical company." (How Wheel of Fortune was that?) I have been married for about 6 and a half years (since May of 1998) to a wonderful woman (who I'll refer to as MK throughout the blog). Currently, we live in the Kalamazoo, Michigan area and spend our time complaining about the weather. We don't have kids yet. I feel I have enough responsibility right now taking care of a dog that is smarter than me, a bird that won't stop laying eggs, and a tortoise that should outlive me.

What else is there to know about me? I'm the guy that people go to when they have a random question they want answered. I may or may not know the answer already, but everyone knows that I'm just a little on the obsessive side and can't rest until I know the answer myself. My penchant for trivia is the source of the name of this blog. Until later...

1 comment:

Psi Wavefunction said...

Microbiologist, eh?

Might be useful. Im a highschool student planning to major in bio, hopefully molecular bio or biochem or genetics. Well, I'm in grade 11 and my bio teacher is this extremely crazy omniscent Dutchman who knows all those random obscure things and makes us do research on them. (We have to understand the Mullis PCR experiment thing already!)

So I was randomly browsing through the blogs, looking at what other people have, and randomly came across the word "microbiologist".

My ICQ# 177017455 and my email is west_coastner@hotmail.com if you would like to talk to some random grade 11 biology student who is currently suffering with her biology project. Do you happen to know anything or have access to information about Beachy's 1988 experiment with TMV or the Monstanto Growth Hormone transfer experiment of 1990? I know microbiology is not quite genetics but is close enough and you've probably done it somewhere along the way.

So I would greatly appreciate if you don't mind helping me out there. Thanks,

---Yana---