May 14, 2007

This Is My Dance, Y'all

Having music ringtones on your cell phone can be all sorts of fun, but it can also cause problems. If you're like me, you get sick of them pretty quickly and what once seemed witty soon becomes merely pathetic. Even worse, they can become a source of embarrassment. You never know when something will happen like forgetting to set your phone to silent while at work and having it ring while in your bosses office. The next thing you know you're trying to explain the Humpty Dance to your boss.

Employer: So, it's a song and a dance?
Employee: Yes, from back in the early 90's.
er: Hmm...if you say so.
ee: Ok, I'll explain it. First, you limp to the side like your leg was broken, twitching and shaking--
er: Well, that just doesn't make any sense. You'd look like MC Hammer on crack!
ee: That's all right, 'cause your body's in motion. It's supposed to look like a fit or a convulsion.

6 comments:

Marni said...

Yeah... I had Buckcherry's Crazy Bitch as my ringtone until it started blaring during a meeting... I thought I had my phone on vibrate. Not.

VERY embarrassing.

Anita said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That's hilarious! At least it wasn't "I Like Big Butts". Even though that song ROCKS!

Do the humpty dance! I'm spunky and I like my oatmeal lumpy!

Esther said...

Hmm, perhaps that's why I just have a pretty tune on mine - well, one that came with my phone. Then again, I don't work in an office, so no one hears it anyway.

Itchy said...

Just so you know...it is a known fact with those that care about me that The Humpty Dance be played at my funeral. Feel free to bring your phone...

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! I have the Humpty Dance as my ringtone too! Well, for when my husband calls anyway.

Poledra said...

Please...my eyes...and on my day off too! (One supposes you also mean the real version and not the Weird Al polka version O.~)