March 09, 2007

On TiVo and Media Center PCs

Ok, I have both a Media Center PC and TiVo, and I love them both. I love being able to watch things later or pause if I decide that, yes, I would like some popcorn, thank you very much. TiVo recently released a new version of TiVo Desktop, which allows you to send shows from your TiVo drive to your PC drive, as well as photos music and videos from your PC to TiVo.

My question is this: Can you transfer shows recorded on Media Center to the TiVo, and has anyone out there gotten this to work (have you gotten it to work for any videos for that matter)? I've got a ton of catching up to do on Battlestar Galactica and I'd prefer to watch on the TV rather than my monitor. I suppose if all else fails, I can burn to DVDs, but that might get expensive.

No comments: