March 12, 2007

Now That's Mad Cow Disease

Once, many years ago, I was out to eat with a bunch of guys, and one of them began to complain about the price of a steak he had ordered. "For that much, they better give me the whole cow...and the chicken it ate." We informed him that (1) the price wasn't that out of line and (2) the cow would not have eaten a chicken. We decided not to even bother with explaining why he wouldn't want the chicken if the cow had eaten it, but instead proceeded to make fun of him for the rest of the night.

It wasn't a good night for him. We also gave him a hard time when he asked about braille, and upon being told that it was how blind people read, insisted, "Man, stop lying. Blind people can't read."

So, imagine my surprise, all these years later, when I read this article. It turns out that if you have the right cow, you really could ask for the cow and the chicken it ate. Maybe I should go back and reevaluate my stance on whether or not blind people can read, too.

1 comment:

srah said...

That ain't right.