September 12, 2006

Trivial Tuesday

I saw recently that a special edition DVD of Romancing the Stone with Kathleen Turner and Michael Douglas was being released. Appearing in Romancing the Stone as a fan Joan Wilder's novels was Alfonso Arau. Arau was not only an actor, but a director and would go on to direct films including the well-received Like Water for Chocolate and the well-received for a movie starring Keanu Reeves A Walk in the Clouds. To me, however, he will always be a villain in the Chevy Chase/Steve Martin/Martin Short movie Three Amigos.

What "handsome" bad guy did he play?

Congrats to Invsible Lizard who knew that I was referring to El Guapo and even provided a quote from the film. Bragging rights are yours for a week.

3 comments:

Matt said...

You must be talking about El Guapo. (Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?)

Anonymous said...

I know nothing about the Three Amigos, but I do know...

"... my lil' mule is fireproof!"

Love that movie.

"Joan Wilder? THE Joan Wilder? I read your books. I read all your books!"

J said...

I know it's late, but any chance I can.... El Guapo...

"I like those guys, they funny guys, only kill one of them!"

JL