September 18, 2006

I'm Not Dead Yet

Ok, so it turns out I'm not dying. It was just a cold. My blog is back, too, so maybe I was just being a little overdramatic. I do appreciate the comments, especially from Laziest Girl who truly understands the phenomenon of the "man cold".

Since I've already got you here. Have you seen the Verizon Wireless commercial where a woman bumps into a guy she has been trying to avoid? He asks what's going on, becase he has tried to call her dozens of times. She blames her cell, "the service is so unreliable" *shakes fist* "Grrr." He explains that she should switch and then goes on his way. After he leaves, the entire "Verizon Network" comes out of hiding and she thanks them, because he would never have believed the unreliable service story if he saw the support of her phone network. It's mildly amusing, if a little annoying after the 700th time you see it.

I noticed something new recently that added to my enjoyment of the commercial, though. When the sleazy guy is telling her to switch so that they can "reconnect", he actually turns his head and checks out the butt of a girl that walks past them. It just adds to the sleaze factor of the guy and helps to develop his character. I don't really know why, but since I've noticed that, it cracks me up everytime.

2 comments:

Esther said...

I have seen that commercial, and several times too. I think it's hysterical. I hadn't noticed the guy checking out a girl walking by, but I'll definitely be looking for it the next time it comes on.
Hope you're feeling a tad better!

Marni said...

I noticed that, too. He is just gross... I think I've dated him before...