September 06, 2006

I'm So Ugly, But That's OK, Cause So Are You

"I feel a meme coming on." Those were the words of a fellow blogger a while back when we entered into a discussion of the ringtones we have on our respective cell phones. Since I've g0t nothing else today, I figured why not use the idea. So, with apologies to Ms. Q for taking her statement and running with it, let's talk about ringtones.

Most people (looking around, it feels like about 90% of the population, but it's probably less) have a mobile phone of some sort now. As the phones have become more popular, they have also become easier to customize. One of the ways to make your phone distinctive or at least know if it's your phone ringing is by changing the ringtone. You can be serious, ironic or just use things you love. So what's my ringtone?

Main ringtone: Lithium by Nirvana

Voicemail notification: Theme from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Work ringtone: Sick and Tired by Nappy Roots

How about your ringtones? Play along on your blog, comment here, ask all your friends about theirs or just be boring and do nothing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

my main ringtone is "I wanna rock n' roll all night and party every day" ... when my mom calls (her name is Sherry) the ringtone is "Oh Sherry"

Anonymous said...

Mine is "My Heart Will Go On" from the movie 'Titanic". You've no idea how often people say,'Oh no! We're sinking" when my phone rings.

Melissa said...

Let's see...
My general ring tone is Mahna Mahna (the Muppets). For Craig: Luv Me Baby (Murphy Lee). For my sister: Get Busy (Sean Paul). For my brother-in-law-to-be: Rollout (Ludacris). For my dad: Another Brick in the Wall (Pink Floyd). For my mother: Insane in the Brain (Cypress Hill). And for work: chirping crickets (nature), of course.

MC Etcher said...

I was very happy last year when I bought a phone that could download ringtones... then I never downloaded any.

I'd like to get the Metal Gear Solid codec ringing sound though.

Becki said...

I have a few different ringtones.

General: Walk Away by No Address
Justin: Slow Dance by Unwritten Law
My sister: American Idiot by Green Day
Aurora: Cold Hard Bitch by Jet
Boys that like me: Fall Behind Me by The Donnas

Anonymous said...

w00t!! So exciting. I am honored to be mentioned and I feel compelled to share with you the coolest ringtones ever - mine!

My Ringtones, by Ms. Q

Main: Soul Bossa Nova by Quincy Jones (aka the theme to Austin Powers)

Husband & Home: New Slang by the Shins

Sisters: Rock Lobster by the B-52s

Special friends: Put a Little Birdhouse in your Soul by They Might Be Giants


Best part is that when I hear those songs in my car or in a store, I think people are calling me! hahahaha.