January 09, 2008

What I Did Over Summer Winter Vacation

Since I haven't posted anything since last year (well, other than a picture of Ralph Wiggum), I decided that I needed to embrace my inner fifth grader for this post. Unfortunately, it turns out my inner fifth grader is even more verbose and more boring than I already am, so I've been forced to ignore many of the exciting things that have happened recently (trip to AL, wind storm tearing shingles from our roof, 15 or more inches of snow in less than 2 days) and reduce this post to the most important lesson we learned.


While travelling to and from my parents, we chose to break our driving up over two days and stop overnight around the halfway point. During one of our stops, we dined at the restaurant that had been voted "Best Mexican Food in Jackson County, IN" for several years in a row. The lesson for all of you out there: Do not eat Mexican food in Jackson County, IN.

(I wonder what happens if John Mellencamp wants to eat Mexican when he goes home.)

2 comments:

Anita said...

Thank you for that great advice!!!! Now I have to clean coffee off my monitor because I was taking a drink when I read that!

Itchy said...

Dammit! And I was just scheduling my next vacation to get the best Mexican food in each county state to state! Gotta replan...