January 31, 2008

My House Smells Like Chiles*

Rather than wasting our money on eating out or buying expensive premade meals, we've actually been cooking for ourselves recently. Earlier this week, Melissa prepared a variation of Giada DiLaurentis's orzo stuffed peppers, using poblanos and cilantro in place of the bell peppers and mint. Then I made a chili again (made mostly as I described back here). Now, when we come into the house, we are greeted with the smell of chiles. I don't think it's going to become a common air freshener scent anytime soon, but it is enjoyable.

Ok, now get out of here, it's almost time for Lost to start.



*That's chiles, not Chili's. If my house smelled like Chili's, it wouldn't be nearly as appetizing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what did you think of Lost?

Poledra said...

**INHALES DEEPLY** Oh that smell! I am so coming over - what's a thousand miles or so... The only chiles you get in a restaurant in Orlando are in the Green Chile Bagels from Einstein's. (and they are COVERED in medium heat chiles too) At least I can get New Mexico flavor for breakfast. O.~

Anonymous said...

Jackie Chiles?

Craig said...

Umm...no. That's chiles not Chiles.