January 30, 2008

Today's Signs That You Need To Take a Break Before Sending That Email Reply

1. Despite trying to be as diplomatic as possible, phrases like "fundamentally flawed" keep showing up in your response to the point just made by someone highly outranking you.

2. So does "reflects a serious lack of understanding."

3. The word count in the reply is beginning to edge toward that of War and Peace.

4. As the words pile up, the phrasing begins to suggest that the audience is made up of young children who need everything spoon-fed to them in small, easily-digestable chunks.

5. You finally walk away muttering, "It's just common sense. Why can't they get it?"

2 comments:

Itchy said...

So, when did we start working for the same organization? And stop reading my drafted emails!

#2 is a common line in my correspondence these days. Holy crap is it ever...

When you find the answer to #5, let me know.

Anita said...

Ditto what Itchy said. I think it's a pandemic. We were just born immune to the stupidity apparently! I'm not sure if I am happy about this yet. It seems more of a curse than a blessing.

Happy Lost Premier Eve!!