September 23, 2007

Simpsons Premiere

The Simpsons season premiere was on tonight. I enjoyed the episode, but there was one line that just killed me. Homer and Mr. Burns have flown the corporate jet to Chicago and done all sorts of things including making all sorts of new friends. As they get back on the plane to return to Springfield, one of their new acquaintances shouts, "While you were here, we felt like New York!" I absolutely love Chicago, but it really does have a serious little brother complex when it comes to New York. That joke, despite being a complete throw away line, summed up the inferiority issues that the city has.

2 comments:

srah said...

Did you watch Family Guy? Woooonderful.

Craig said...

I did. I had stopped watching because of how bad it had gotten, but there was no way I could miss the Star Wars episode. When they stuck to cleverly retelling Star Wars it was great. When they pulled their same old shtick with repeating a slightly funny joke until it's not funny at all and then continuing to repeat it for 30 more seconds, I almost wished I was watching the Muppet Babies Star Wars episode instead. Mostly though, it was great.