September 13, 2007

Of Mice and Tedium

Our local library often offers classes in all sorts of things from computer skills to how to play the stock market. Recently Melissa pointed a class out to me, and I just didn't know what to think. Should I be amused? Sad? Bewildered? All of the above? Here it is, and I hope it's as perplexing to you as it is to me.



How to use a Mouse
How to Use a Mouse No experience necessary Take the time to find out how to use a mouse, sometimes the trickiest but always the most basic computer skill. Learn how to use the device that opens most other computer functions in a hands-on computer class. Monday, September 17 2:00 – 3:30 pm

The best thing about this class: That it lasts for an hour and a half. 90 minutes of trying to figure out how to click vs. double-click and when to do each.

5 comments:

Marni said...

pit - tee - full

But I used to teach computer classes to adults and MANY of them would have needed this class.

So sad.

Anita said...

Seriously funny! And sad that I have known a LOT of people who could benefit from this class. Many of them are in charge of multi-million dollar companies. :(

This is me to a former co-worker: Right-click! Right click! No, the other button. Grrr. MOVE!

I love that your local tax dollars are (probably) subsidizing a very meaningful and purposeful class offering!

Anita said...

Maybe a class offering in how to read the comment captcha words would benefit me. :-\

Itchy said...

"...sometimes the trickiest..."

See, I've always found that pesky power button to be the trickiest... Do I push and hold? Do I just lightly tap it? Do I double push it? Do I use a specific finger? It is all so confusing!

Anonymous said...

How to use a Mouse Level II - The power of right-clicking. Ever wondered what that "other" button on the mouse is for? Join us on September 18 from 2:00-3:30 for this hands-on class. (Prerequisite: How to use a Mouse Level I)

How to use a Mouse Level III - The wheel. This course is restricted for students who have a mouse with a wheel feature. Please do not register if your mouse does not have a wheel. Join us on September 19 from 2:00-3:30 to learn all about the joys of scrolling with your wheel. (Prerequisites: How to use a Mouse Levels I and II)