July 23, 2007

Indiana Jones and the Unannounced Title

As pretty much everyone knows by now, Harrison Ford is working on the fourth and, one would assume, final Indiana Jones film. There has been much speculation on how he will handle the role at the age of 65, as well as what the eventual title of the film will be. With that in mind, I have a few suggestions that Steven Spielberg is welcome to use.*

  • Indiana Jones and the Nostalgic Fanboys
  • Indiana Jones and the Enlarged Prostate**
  • Indiana Jones and the Money-hungry Studio
  • Indiana Jones and the Very, Very Last Crusade...No, Really. We Mean It This Time. We Promise. Cross Our Heart and Hope to Die. Well, Not Really. I Mean, No One Hopes to Die, Do They? Anyway, We're Serious. It Really Is The Last One.***
  • Indiana Jones and the Superfluity of Sequels
  • Indiana Jones and the Lessons Not Learned from the Star Wars Prequels****


*All joking aside, who cares if he's 65. I know I'll be at the theater as soon as they release it.
**Even if I will happily go see it right away, I couldn't do this without at least one "Indy is old" joke.
***This title might be a little too "To Wong Foo" for most people, so they'd probably have to shorten it.
****My personal favorite.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good suggestions, Craig. Everybody here on the set has been doing the same. Harrison, himself, came up with "Indiana Jones and the Philosopher's Stone" but only for the U.K. release. "We'll have to call it something else in the U.S.," he told me with a chuckle.

He's such a cad.

Itchy said...

I was thinking about this in the shower this morning. No lie. Weird...

While I also find it somewhat silly to come out with a new Indiana Jones movie, I also felt the same about Die Hard. And we all know how badly I want to see that one now. So of course I'll be at the theatre to see this one. Come on...it's Indiana Jones!

I think my favorite suggestion was the Very, Very Last Crusade.

Anita said...

Very clever!! I love the Very, very last crusade, too!

How special are you that Steven actually commented on your blog!! Wow!

And I also unabashedly love Ubiquitous Man. Ever since Even Stevens and then Holes, I've been rooting for him! He's the new Tom Hanks.

Agent 31 said...

Yeah, I woulda suggested "Live Free or Indiana Jones", but fucking Itchy up there had to ruin it for me.

But for the record, you and I have the same favorite.

Poledra said...

Meh...If its as good as "Live Free or Die Hard," Ford will be very lucky. I prefer the "Lessons Not Learned" myself. Just please dont make it The "Indiana Jones and his even older Father Crusade" Sean Connery had his time - lots of it - long long ago....

e.Craig Crawford said...

I'm wondering if we'll all have to practice "suspension of disbelief" while viewing this one. But, to keep it realistic, I believe Mr. Ford should do all his own stunts. No stunt double. Thus, any "stunt" Mr. Ford can do at age 65 could be used in the movie. That should slow things down a tad. Really now, can you imagine him being able to outrun some "rolling death" headed his way?