January 30, 2007

Trivial Tuesday

Currently the commercial that infuriates me to the point of blind rage is the Wendy's ad in which 2 guys are sitting in a library eating their respective $2.99 value meals and whispering about the price. In honor of this horrible ad, tonight's question is about Wendy's.

You all probably know that Wendy's was founded by Dave Thomas (how he ran a restaurant and starred in SCTV is beyond me) and named for his daughter. The first Wendy's was opened in 1969, but in what city was that first restaurant located?

8 comments:

Esther said...

Hmm, somewhere down south? Maybe Atlanta?

Craig said...

Nope, not in the South. Think more Midwestern-like.

Itchy said...

I belive it was somewhere in Ohio. For some reason I think Cleveland...

Craig said...

Close...sooooooo close. You've got the state and even the C as the first letter of the city right.

Anita said...

It was totally Cincinatti, OH! Wasn't it? Or Columbus. Shoot, now I have to google it. Right after I go to lunch at Wendys. Thanks for making me crave a chocolate frostee thingamajig!!

Anita said...

OK, I cheated and went to look it up just now. So you can disregard my last attempt at guessing. I suck. But the exciting thing to me, is that the first Wendy's was opened on my 1st birthday. I think that's kind of cool.

Esther said...

Ok, I'm using Trixie's info and going with Columbus. Maybe that's right?

srah said...

It's Columbus and it recently announced that it's closing. I don't remember if it's closed yet.