February 24, 2009

Trivial Tuesday

Slumdog Millionaire won the Best Picture Oscar on Sunday night. (Letting you know in case you haven't had any exposure to television, radio, the internet or a newspaper since then.) As you probably heard during the Oscar telecast, the film was based on a book called Q & A by Vikas Swarup. This was not the first time Danny Boyle has directed a movie based on a book. In fact, it was the third. The first time was the movie Trainspotting. What film starring Leonardo DiCaprio was the other adaptation of a novel directed by Boyle?

Bragging rights are at stake. Impress me and impress your friends by commenting with the correct answer.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

The Beach.

And yes. I totally cheated because I was originally going to say "The Basketball Diaries" without checking. And then I would have been wrong.

I don't enjoy being wrong.

Craig said...

Congratulations to Andrea, who gave the correct answer, The Beach. I'll leave it to her to decide just how much she wants to brag, since she's already admitted to cheating and looking it up first. :)

Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea said...

In your faces! I was the fastest to use the Google! I have fingers made of pure lightening and speed! WOO!

: )

(and yeah...I deleted my first attempt at the bragging due to 'tarded word usage...I'm made of dumb.)