November 04, 2008

Remember, Remember, The 4th of November

That sounds kind of familiar...almost like I've used it something like  364 365 days ago. (Edited to correct for leap year.) Oh well.

Just wanted to remind everyone that today is the 4th of November. As you know, today is a very important day, a day where you make a choice that has potential to change the future. You can choose hope and try to gain back what was stolen away from us several years ago, or you can choose to continue on in the same rut we've been in.

I'm speaking, of course, about the release of Bender's Game, the third of four Futurama movies. The show has been cancelled for several years, but the releases of the first two DVD movies have been extremely successful. If this success continues, 20th Century Fox may decide that there is still money to be made, and if there is still money to be made, then there is a possibility that the show may return again either in more movies or in a new season. When you purchase Bender's Game, you aren't just buying a movie; you're buying the future. 

Today, you get to choose: Hope of a better future for all animated television or just more of the same failed jokes of the current administration?


Obligatory disclaimer that states the obvious: I don't really need a disclaimer, right? We're all aware of the concept of satire, aren't we? Good.

1 comment:

Esther said...

I'm totally loving that you didn't tell me to vote :-). I mean, I think you needed to have been in a dark closet under a rock in a far away place to not know about voting today. I don't care who you vote for (well, ok, I do), but just go do it.