November 07, 2008

The Heat Will Be On

I just found out that Fine Living Network is showing episodes of the original Iron Chef.  How did I not know this? I'd had the TiVo search for it before, but at the time all it found was Iron Chef America. Mock all you want (and I know you will), but I've missed this show: the music, Ohta, the absurd incredibly expensive secret ingredients, Fukui-san,  and my favorite Iron Chef, Chen. It's kind of silly, but just hearing that familiar whoosh sound they play when going to or coming back from commercial made me happy. I have a feeling the TiVo will soon be full of these episodes.

2 comments:

BipolarBunny said...

The original Iron Chef is so good. Thanks for the info.

Fraulein N said...

Oh, yay! I love the original Iron Chef. My favorite part is the judges.