November 06, 2008

Life on Mars (the TV show, not the search for)

I never got to see the British version of the show Life on Mars, but I've watched a few episodes of the US remake. I'm not exactly committed, but I do enjoy it when I watch. I understand that this is a show with a mystery that they don't intend to fully explain for a while, but there are some things I don't get. We can be expected to believe that a guy was in 2008 and somehow was sent back in time to 1973, but do they really expect us to believe that when this cop was on his way to try to rescue his kidnapped girlfriend (in 2008, before being sent back), he was listening to David Bowie on his iPod?

3 comments:

MC Etcher said...

I've seen the UK version, and I like it better than the US version, but possibly just because I saw the UK version first, and it's a bit more exotic since it's set in a different country.

Andrea said...

Dude, I have Dr. Hook and The Medicine Show on my 'pod. So, yeah, Bowie is totally believable!

...it's all designed to blow our minds but our minds already been blown...

I've not seen the UK version, but I'm digging this show. I'm not sure if it's the groovy clothes or the music or the show itself. But it's enjoyable.

Poledra said...

Ground Control to Major Tom....I resemble that remark!!