August 11, 2008

Still Uninspired

Here we go again.

Something occurred to me the other day. If a vegetarian is someone who eats vegetables, what precisely does that mean when someone claims to be a humanitarian?

Shortly after this, it occurred to me that Gallagher wants his shtick back.

I'm always way behind the times, so most of you have probably already been to this site, but in case you haven't check out Cake Wrecks, which celebrates some of the more disturbing baked goods people have ever paid for.

Are run and ran really that hard to keep straight? If you have problems with which one to use, just remember, "...and I ran. I ran so far away." and the rest all pretty much takes care of itself.

It was Ribfest here this weekend, and one of the vendors was called O.T.'s. They were really good, but I couldn't help wondering if it was going to turn out that they sold barbecue and Scientology.1,2

Wow, apparently I only thought I hated the faux Breakfast Club commercial. What I feel for that one is nothing compared to the ad (for Kraft, I think) where they add "pure" to everything they say, like "purefect" and "pureka."Then there is the Pizza Hut commercial where the delivery person pretends to be a French baker while people try their new Dunkers. Look, I'm not saying that they may not be tasty, but it doesn't take a genius to identify a breadstick with chocolate chips on top.

This weekend we were driving along the road and saw that some business had their sign alternating between showing the temperature in Fahrenheit and Celcius. It stated that the temp was 23°C, which seemed fairly reasonable, then switched and told us that it was -126°F. I'm not sure which surprised me more: that I had really underdressed for the weather and was going to die within moments of leaving the car or that I really must have been remembering those calculations for temperature conversion wrong. I guess they weren't kidding in school when they told us that if you didn't use what you learned, you'd lose it.

Come back later, maybe I'll have something to say...but I doubt it.

1. To be fair, their food was incredible and I think that may have been someone's name. I'm not ruling anything out yet though.
2. Also, I thought it would be amusing to come up with a lyrics for a song about Ribfest using Adam Sandler's Hanukkah Song, but I couldn't really get any further than making jokes about gout, but it's probably all for the best.

3 comments:

BipolarBunny said...

Thanks for the giggles. I really like the cake site.

Becki said...

If firefighters fight fire and crime fighters fight crime, what do freedom fighters fight?

That cake site is awesome!

Stefanie said...

I have not actually seen the faux Breakfast Club commercial on TV myself (I've just seen the video online), but the Internet sure is unified in their disgust for it. (It's not without warrant, obviously.)