March 17, 2008

Things Learned When ABC Family Played All Three The Cutting Edge Movies in a Row

That The Cutting Edge 2 and 3 exist


You can make the same movie repeatedly without changing almost anything.




The wealthy over-indulgent father in the original movie is John Locke with a creepy mustache that is far more frightening than anything he has encountered on the Lost island.


Anyone who can skate, regardless of the type of skating, can become an Olympic pairs figure skating champion if given enough time...like two or three months.


People who fall in love at the 1992 Olympics will marry and have a child that is in her mid-twenties by the 2006 Olympics.


Olympic pairs skating is much like professional wrestling: To win you need to have a really cool finishing move.


It only takes one shared character to make a movie a sequel, and it doesn't matter if the same actor plays the role.


Just before a couple goes on ice, there is a 90% chance that one or the other of them is confessing their love of the other for the first time.


We're only one more direct-to-video or cable sequel away from the inevitable Cutting Edge/Air Bud crossover.

4 comments:

Becki said...

I LOVE The Cutting Edge! I actually own it on dvd, as shameful as that is. However, I had no idea that there was a sequel, let alone two of them. I think I'll avoid them. I don't want anything to sully the original for me.

Anonymous said...

They beat the catch phrase "toe pick" to death in the 2nd and 3rd. They were alright but not even close to the first (which we may own on DVD also...)

Esther said...

The second movie was absolutely terrible. The third one was seriously the same thing as the first. They used the same skating moves and the same lines. And yet, I watched them.

Anonymous said...

Dude. I hate to admit, but whenever The Cutting Edge is on TV, I have have have to watch it.

And I had heard of The Cutting Edge 2, but had no idea there was a 3. Obviously, there were a lot of unanswered questions from #2.