March 12, 2008

Sleep All Day. Party All Night. Never Grow Old.

I'm sure all of you out there have been wondering exactly what my thoughts were on the new Lost Boys sequel now that the first trailer has been released. What's that? You didn't know there was a trailer? Well, here you go. Anyway, back to those questions you had. What exactly did I think when I saw the trailer? I'm glad you asked, here are my thoughts in approximately the order they happened during the trailer.

  • The trailer's debuting on MTV. Not a good sign.
  • Ok, prepare yourself because this is probably going to be bad, and whatever you do, don't let nostalgia get the best of you and get your hopes up.
  • Ugh, this looks like every other lame teen horror movie they try to push on us.
  • "Your sister's a suck monkey." 21 years later, Edgar Frog's still got it.
  • Whoa, Corey Feldman hasn't aged that much. For a second, I thought some of the footage of Edgar was from the first movie.
  • Obviously between 24 and DUI arrests, Kiefer wasn't available, so they got someone that sorta looks and sounds like him to deliver the "No, but seriously...We're vampires."
  • Don't get your hopes up, it's just a direct to video movie.
  • Edgar's moved up from running their parent's comic book store to making surfboards? At least he's still hunting down blood suckers.
  • Wait, we see Edgar Frog in the trailer, but what happened to Alan? Or was he there, but so much older that I just didn't recognize him?
  • Ooh, "Cry Little Sister" is in the trailer. Nostalgia rising. Cannot resist.
  • Edgar: "Let's go kill some vampires." Stop it, I don't want to care about this.
  • D'oh! Too late. I'm gonna be mad if (when) this movie stinks.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I refuse to sully the memory of The Lost Boys by watching the trailer or even acknowledging this movie's existence.

The end.

Anonymous said...

I want to pretend I'm not excited. I know I'll be dis(gusted & appointed). I am shamefully excited about it non-the-less.

Anonymous said...

none-the-less. duh.

Hex said...

I love lost boys. But 'trailer world premiere on mtv'...you're right, not a good sign. *looks at end of trailer* >_>' Now exactly why..?