December 04, 2007

An Open Letter and Request for Moratorium

Dear People of Everywhere,


We all seem to like thinking that we are vastly different than everyone else. We put ourselves into smaller and smaller groups and think that these groups are nothing like any other groups. We find ways to identify ourselves based on location and come up with clever things to show how different we are than everyone else. I'm not going to request that we stop this altogether and try to make the world a better place, but I have to draw the line somewhere.

I have lived in several places in various parts of the country, and I have yet to live in a single place where people do not say "That's (place) weather for you. If you don't like it, just wait five minutes." Just stop, people. That's all weather for you. Weather changes. That's what is does. I humbly request on behalf of all mankind that no one ever use this phrase again.

Sincerely (and also kind of grumpily),

Craig



There, I've done my part, now you go and do something to make the world a better place.

2 comments:

Poledra said...

I'm so sorry to disagree, but I as I live in Central Florida, I can now honestly say "Wait 5 minutes and the weather will NEVER change." Actually, I could say "Wait 5 WEEKS and the weather will never change." By the way, it was pointed out to me by a sarcastic associate in my household that you forgot a "Hrumph!Hrumph!" at the end of your speech. He thought you should know. O.~

Matt said...

Yeah, but where I live, it really does change every five minutes. That's Earth weather for you.