June 21, 2007

Brain Clutter

Do you ever think back to shows that you watched when you were a kid and wonder what you were thinking to make you watch them? The subject of Welcome to Pooh Corner came up recently, and I had to start doing some looking around to find the intro song. Of course I found it, because what is the internet for if not for grainy videos of bad TV shows from your childhood. In fact, I found another video I needed to share with you as well. Before I get to that, here is the video for Welcome to Pooh Corner. I loved this show as a kid and sadly I still remembered most of the words to the song, and still imitate Piglet's "What a, what a, what a mess." I'd say that my brain could be better used for storage of more important things, but if I pushed this out, I'd only fill it with more useless junk anyway.





Ok, here's the second video. I remember that this show used to come on after Welcome to Pooh Corner, and I still remembered the song for this one too. Other than the song and that the Orangutan is named QT, I don't really remember much. Does anyone else remember watching Dumbo's Circus?





While I'm on the "does anyone else remember this" subject, do any of you who did watch Welcome to Pooh Corner remember the "Too Smart for Strangers" special? The idea of Winnie the Pooh talking about people touching you inappropriately is actually pretty disturbing, now that I think back on it.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Have a "happy whoopty-poo time"? Oh, I am glad we didn't have cable until I was out of high school!

Anonymous said...

Ok, this is so weird that you bring this topic up. We were just discussing this on Thursday after lamenting the asstasticness of the Power Rangers television show. Thinking back, though, there were plenty of shows that were equally horrid that I know I watched religiously, like Kaptain Kool and the Kongs. Now I'm sorry I missed out on the inappropriate joy that IS Welcome to Pooh Corner.

Poledra said...

I remember wanting to force you to change the channel....too bad Mom was around all the time - Drat that woman!

Anonymous said...

I remember watching the stranger episode with my neice who is now 19 and she was so scared of strangers by the end of that show.