February 18, 2008

Survey Says

Surprise. I'm out of interesting things to say again. (Fine, "interesting") Rather than come up with something to say, here's a meme that originated as an email.

Welcome to the new edition of "getting to know your friends". OK, here's what you're supposed to do: (try not to be lame and spoil the fun!) Just copy (do not forward) this entire e-mail and paste into a new e-mail that you can send. Change all the answers so that they apply to you.
Then send this to a whole bunch of people you know, INCLUDING the person that sent it to you. Some of you may get this several times that means you have lots of friends. (Or, you know, some sort of similar rules that apply to blogs instead.)

1. What is your occupation? I am a quality control microbiologist, but don't let that title fool you, I spend most of my day sitting in a chair, staring at a computer and complaining that everyone is stupid but me.


2. What color are your socks right now? Given that it isn't the weekend, you can pretty much be sure that they are black.

3. What are you listening to right now? The clicking of my keyboard as I type.


4. Can you drive a stick? Yes, but I haven't in many years.

5. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Seriously? That's the question? Let's see...How about brown; it's useful but no one really gets too excited about it.

6. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Someone at work, about work. I don't even remember who anymore.


7. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Well, considering that I am supposed to send this to that person as well as a bunch of other friends, it would be fairly rude and spiteful to say "no," wouldn't it? Fortunately, for the sake of our marriage, the answer is yes.

8. How old are you today? 11,468 days. Sure I could have told you that I was 31, but the question asked about today, so I figured it wanted specifics.

9. Favorite drink? Coke Zero.

10. What is your favorite sport to watch? College football.

11. Have you ever dyed your hair? I don't think so. Maybe I did for a Halloween costume when I was younger, but I can't remember ever dying my hair.

12. Pets? 2 dogs, but if you read this blog very often you already know that.

13. Favorite food? Oh yeah, ask the fat guy what his favorite food is. That's not a question that will take weeks or even months to answer. I don't have one favorite food. It varies from one day to the next.

14. What was the last movie you saw? I guess it was probably No Reservations.

15. Favorite day of the year? That's a tough one. I'd have to say April 25th, because it's not too hot and not too cold. All you need is a light jacket.

16. What was your favorite toy as a child? Hard to choose just one. Let's just narrow it down to G.I. Joe and Star Wars action figures.

17. What is your favorite: fall or spring? Fall.

18. Hugs or kisses? Kisses. Hugs are the ones with white chocolate swirls.

19. Cherries or Blueberries? Cherries. I don't like blueberries too much unless they are in a pie.

20. Do you want your friends to email you back? If by email you mean post this on their blog, sure go ahead, but I'm not exactly going to be disappointed if no one does.

21. Who is most likely to respond? Whoever wants to update their blog, but is out of ideas or energy to post anything more interesting than this.

22. Who is least likely to respond? People with recently updated blogs.

23. Living arrangement? I live in a house with my wife and two dogs. (Is this getting repetitive or is it just me?)

24. When was the last time you cried? About 5 questions ago when I realized that I still had a long way to go to finish this quiz.

25. What is on the floor of your closet? Some clothing and a dog bed, I think.

26. Who is the friend you have had the longest that you are sending this? I'm sorry was this originally written in some other language? It looks like someone wrote it and then used Babelfish to translate it through about 5 different languages before returning to English.

27. What did you do last night? Watched The Simpsons then went to bed on time to try to prevent myself from getting sick (or more sick or sicker).

28. Favorite smell? Cookies baking.

29. What inspires you? I'm not sure which bothers me more: that I can't come up with a funny answer to this question or that I can't come up with a serious one.

30. What are you afraid of? Many things, but most of all failing the people who are important to me.

31. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? As long as you make the burger well, it's good no matter which you choose, but if I were to pick only one, I'd go with a green chile cheeseburger.

32. Favorite dog breed? Norwegian Lundehund (Ok, I've never even seen one of these in person, and I don't have a favorite breed. I just wanted to show of that I know about a dog that has six toes and was bred to hunt puffins.)

33. Number of keys on your key ring? 3

34. How many years at your current job? 6

35. Favorite day of the week? Saturday.

36. How many states have you lived in? 4: Alabama, New Mexico, Illinois, Michigan. I also was in school in Tennessee for a while but didn't technically live there.

37. What are you doing this weekend? It's Monday. How can I possibly be expected to know what I'll do this weekend?

38. Ever driven a motorcycle or heavy machinery? Not a motorcycle, but I did learn to drive in a full-sized conversion van. Does that count as heavy machinery?

39. What's your full name? Look, you either know it or don't by now, so we'll end here.

1 comment:

Itchy said...

I spend most of my day sitting in a chair, staring at a computer and complaining that everyone is stupid but me.

Hey! I must be a quality control microbiologist,too! I had no idea. Sweet!

And, um...I get excited by brown. What can brown do for you? Yeah!

I've driven a motorcycle. A dirt bike. I'm from WV ya know. Had to entertain myself somehow...